Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
Silver Lining Systems Sdn. Bhd. (SLS), in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA"), protects your right to privacy and works to keep your personal information secure in accordance with Malaysian law. SLS is committed to protecting individual privacy and will only gather and use your personal information in keeping with applicable data protection laws (such as the Personal Data Protection Act 2010), this policy, and the privacy clauses in any agreements you may have with SLS entities.
Silver Lining Systems (SLS) retains the right to modify this policy at any time and shall post notice of such modifications on the website (www.silverliningsys.com) or through any other channel SLS deems appropriate. Take the time to familiarize yourself with SLS's privacy standards since we place a high importance on protecting your personal data.
The list below describes and explains the terms and conditions used in this policy:
- A data subject is any person whose personal data is being collected, held or processed. In simple terms, data Subject refers to individual who is the subject of the personal data.
- Personal data means information in respect of commercial transactions that relates to directly or indirectly to a Data Subject, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of a data user, including any sensitive personal data, and expression of opinion about the Data Subject. Such personal information about or which identifies individual(s) who is the Data Subject, includes but not limited to individual(s)’ names, current and previous addresses, National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) number, passport number, bank account and credit card details, telephone and/or mobile numbers and/or facsimile numbers, photographs, and e-mail address and/or social media addresses.
- Processing in relation to personal data means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operations or set of operations on the personal data.
- Sensitive personal data means any personal information consisting of information including but not limited to the physical or mental health or condition of a Data Subject, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence or any other personal data.
How and Why Your Personal Data Are Collected and Processed
SLS processes your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. You agree that all personal data collected and/or processed by SLS may include but not limited to the following channels:
- Directly from you through online registration, online payment, feedback form, and/or conversations with you in person, from e-mail, social media and teleph.
- From third parties such as your employees, related companies, credit reporting or credit reference agencies, service providers such as --Google Analytics, government agencies or your representatives.
- From publicly available sources of information.
- From our own internal systems that automatically collect data such as login monitoring systems that track IP address and the type of web browser you use as examples.
- Oher sources to which you have given your consent to disclose your personal data.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
As part of providing you with our products and services, we may need to disclose information about you and/or your accounts and/or facilities with us to third parties such as our agents, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, vendors, business partners, where necessary, and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to SLS. The disclose of your personal data may include but not limited to the following purposes:
- To carry out background verification checks on candidates for employment.
- To carry out advertising activities, publicity, marketing campaigns and communication relating to SLS.
- To support our daily operations.
- In anticipation of, and during an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation or merge of all or part of our business or operations
- As required by law or by order of a court of competent jurisdiction or by any rule, direction, or regulation of any regulatory or governmental authority or any other relevant authority to be disclosed.
Acceptance of The Policy
By using our product, goods, or services in the future, you give SLS permission to collect, store, use, and disclose your personal information in the ways set out in this policy. You are thus informed that access to any goods or services provided by SLS is conditional upon your express acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the terms of this policy. By agreeing to the terms of this policy, you are assumed to have given express approval for SLS or any of its authorized agents, employees, partners, and/or consultants to handle your information for the aforementioned objectives.